The most personal technology must also be the most private. As you add photos, messages, contacts and credit cards to your android devices, they become more personal. So we design innovative ways to protect that data. And we build powerful safeguards into our operating systems, our apps and the devices themselves. Because the things you rely on every day should keep your personal information safe.
Privacy and your device
We build privacy into everything we make. When you pay for shopping, message a friend, track a workout or share a photo through our app, you shouldn’t have to worry about your information falling into the wrong hands. The personal data on your smartphone devices should be protected and never shared without your permission. That’s why we build strong, innovative safeguards into the things we make.
Respecting your information
We use your data to create the best experience. And we don’t sell it. Enjoy personalization without giving up privacy. We use only the necessary data to help create the best experience for you, whether you’re using our app to order something from a respective restaurant or purchasing items from a nearby grocery store via app. We never sell your data. We know that the more personal your device becomes, the more critical it is to respect the data that’s on it.
Our partners and privacy
We’ve developed powerful tools to help others meet our strict standards. We give developers the best tools to keep your data safe. BTHawk apps are made by professional developers having 256-bit encryption and app transport security so they can build secure apps. And all apps are sandboxed so your personal information is protected. We also require developers to ask for permission before accessing personal information like your photos and contacts.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Personal information BTHawk may collect by its customers via accessing BTHawk apps and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
- When you install any of our product (mobile application), we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family and friends using BTHawk products, it may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Our apps will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
- In certain jurisdictions, we may ask for a government issued ID in limited circumstances including when setting up a wireless account and activating your device, for the purpose of extending commercial credit, managing reservations, or as required by law.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect from our customized apps allows us to keep you updated on BTHawk latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of our account holders for purchased app.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with BTHawk, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve BTHawk products, services, and customer communications.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an BTHawk product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times these apps may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with BTHawk to provide products and services, or that help BTHawk market to customers. For example, when you purchase and activate you’re the app on your android phone you authorize BTHawk and your carrier to exchange the information you provide during the activation process to carry out service. If you are approved for service, your account will be governed by BTHawk and your carrier’s respective privacy policies. Personal information will only be shared by BTHawk to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Protection of Personal Information
BTHawk takes the security of your personal information very seriously. BTHawk online services Store protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by BTHawk apps, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. When you use access any of our purchased products, services, or applications or post on chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including requesting that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if BTHawk is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made through the regional Privacy Contact Form.
Children & Education
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using BTHawk products and services. Children under the age of 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, are not permitted to create their own IDs, unless their parent provided verifiable consent or as part of the child account creation process in Family Sharing or they have obtained a Managed App ID account (where available) through their school. For example, a parent must review the App ID and Family Sharing Disclosure and agree to the Consent to BTHawk Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Child’s Information. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, outside the above circumstances we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.